NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Legit find thread
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 23:24 

That is a nice plate my friend. I am jelly. I have been doing 1000's of Lazarus runs and still haven't found anything new yet worth sharing. The thing many newbs don't understan is that those high end plates are some of the rarest items in the game, because, you have to roll high base AC (74+) and high armor, and high suffix. You've been killing it lately with the ladder and with finds, thats awesome dude.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018, 01:39 

I am officially back, with a vengeance ;)

But yea these plates are probably rarest items in the game, besides the crazy stuff from Wirt, and certain cursed items. Such things always drop when you are least expecting it.

How do you do your Laz runs? Do you just teleport straight to Laz chamber, kill everything inside and make a new game, or do you kill alll boss monsters 13-15, then clear all of dlvl 16?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 20:35 

FireIceTalon wrote:
How do you do your Laz runs?

Normally look for stairs and kill laz and his room. Clear levels if there are BK or soul burners. if there are bosses I try to find them but don't waste too much time. I clear level 16 after too.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 22:02 

More or less how I used to do mine. I would clear any boss monster on 13-14, if applicable, then clear laz chamber, and then all of 16. There's been debate if 16 is worth it or not.

Looking at most of the really high end chars in the database - mine or Shades for instance, its pretty clear that unique monsters yield a much higher chance of dropping something nice. Still, the fact that every single Blood Knight and Advocate can potentially drop a plate like the one I posted, King's Swords of Haste/Speed/Heavens/Vampires, and all the high end jewelry is pretty hard to ignore.

I would say that the ratio of high end items (excluding Wirt/Gris shopped items) found from Unique monsters to say, normal monsters lvl 25-30 on a fully geared level 50 character should be around 5:1 or higher, assuming one clears dlvl 16 consistently.

In my early days of Laz running, I remember the nightmare of having to clear lvl 25 monsters (Lava Maws, Gold Vipers, Counselors) in search of Gold Heavens jewelry. That was always alot of fun. NOT. I can't remember how many I had to kill before I found my first one, but it was A LOT. I had already found plenty of Obsidian and Dragon Zod jewelry before I ever found even one Gold Heavens. I had to settle for Gold Stars in my early days of dueling as a warrior.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2018, 16:21 

Well it looks like the 1000's upon 1000's of laz runs have paid off. Plate was from Lazarus himself while ring was from a normal level 30 on Dlvl 16

Attachment:
Awe-stars.png
Awe-stars.png [ 270.71 KiB | Viewed 1214 times ]

Attachment:
The attachment drag-zodi.png is no longer available

Attachments:
drag-zodi.png
drag-zodi.png [ 286.32 KiB | Viewed 1214 times ]

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2018, 16:32 

Quote:
Well it looks like the 1000's upon 1000's of laz runs have paid off.

Congratulations, Those are Some Amazing Finds for Sure!

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2018, 16:44 

Tristram wrote:
Quote:
Well it looks like the 1000's upon 1000's of laz runs have paid off.

Congratulations, Those are Some Amazing Finds for Sure!

Thanks man, I would say I was surprised when I found them but my reaction was more along the lines of "about time" I wasn't expecting them to be so close to perfect though.

@FIT - Looks like I am going to keep killing the normal monsters myself. I have had more or less better luck from them.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2018, 18:19 

Damn, incredible finds man. My perfect Dragon Zodi ring was from a normal level 30 as well (Blood Knight on 16), one of the very few extremely high end items on my chars that was from such. Would really love to find one more of these so I can make it a perfect trio, though can't say I really try to look much anymore. Last DZ ring I found was that 59.20 from Dreadjudge last month - my 3rd ring with this stats which kinda tells me it aint meant to be for me to get a perfect trio of these.

Gotta say I'm a lil jelly you got that ring so quickly. It took me 4 years or so of doing Laz runs to find mine (a search that begin in 2011 and was completed X-mas Day 2015). I'm not sure exactly how many Laz runs I did in that 4 year period, but it was well over 200k, and I estimate I had somewhere between 30-50 million Blood Knight Kills, with only a slightly less amount of Advo kills. I probably found at least a dozen really nice DZ's in those runs before I got the perfect one to drop. But congrats again, its always surreal to find a perfect item like this.

Guess I may have to start hunting again, your finds kinda inspiring me.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2018, 19:45 

Thanks dude. Yeah this is lucky for me but total I have probably done close to 100K laz runs or more over the years. This is just an estimate, but keep in mind I had another acount of level 47+ chars all leveled to that from laz runs. Plus even more characters from before Trist was set up. Sure when I deleted my stuff I lost a lot of gear... but nothing as close to this. Comes down to RNG really.. this is probably the 5th or so drags/zodiac jewel I have found. Even with all of that said, it is still very lucky to find such a great item.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2018, 20:05 

Damn man, we are on FIRE, lol. My second amulet with this stats, but game still telling me, "you ain't getting another perfect ring". Dropped from a regular Advo on dlvl 16.

Attachments:
DZ Ammy.png
DZ Ammy.png [ 601.71 KiB | Viewed 1203 times ]