NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: In-game *Glitches*
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2017, 18:44 

I'm not sure if there was a thread on this subject yet, but I had recently recorded a video displaying something pretty odd.

https://youtu.be/F0TtoLOB5Z8 (part 1)

https://youtu.be/ZQBwJdrdQ_8 (part 2)

A strange glitch that I've never seen before.. It's occurring in Dlvl7 vs. Blighthorn Steelmace & his Night Clan pack.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Regards,

-Dei

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
 Post subject: Re: In-game *Glitches*
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2017, 18:57 

Pretty sure I've seen this happen before, though it was with Blackskull and his crew. I think they have the same AI as Blighthorn though so this sort of thing is likely not too uncommon.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2017, 19:15 

Yep, seen it. Apparently those goats have to stay within some radius from their leader, and their leader is stuck. Same thing happens with winged fiend mobs that behave like horned demons, just like these night clan goats.
There's a weirder AI thing with a unique rat in the church, I can't remember whether its Pulsecrawler or Spineeater, but it's blue colored. It will just stay in place and not move (only sometimes?).

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2017, 01:46 

Quote:
There's a weirder AI thing with a unique rat in the church, I can't remember whether its Pulsecrawler or Spineeater, but it's blue colored. It will just stay in place and not move (only sometimes?)

I have Experienced Something Similar Before. There are indeed a few Other Bosses who Behave in a Similar Fashion. They Simply do not Respond to a Linear Attack Pattern like Other Creatures do.

This must be Quite Frustrating while Performing an 'Iron-Man' Playthrough if you Play as a Warrior.

Last edited by Tristram on 25 Dec 2017, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2017, 18:47 

Tristram wrote:
This must be quite Frustrating while Performing an 'Iron-Man' Playthrough.

On the contrary, it usually gives you an edge against them. If enemies stand still you can pellet them with arrows almost at point blank.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2017, 18:21 

Interesting replies, thanks for the info! Good to know..

Here's something that was recorded during March of last year:

https://youtu.be/XJRqiq5vkAY

What happened was, we were clearing dlvl16 and I might've gone to town (I can't remember)..but, once I got to D's cage (as the Sorcerer was already killing most of the monsters while they were coming from the opened cage) the cage appeared to close shut, but I still saw animations (outside of the cage) of monsters' corpses randomly appearing, with no animation of them alive and/or being killed... Very odd.

I'm assuming 'Torch' played a big roll in all that lag, I'm glad I don't use that garbage anymore..

Regards,

-Dei

p.s. if anyone has some interesting video recordings of similar glitches and/or more extreme varieties, please link it here :-) thank you.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2017, 12:19 

Hmm, but Torch doesn't affect the game's netcode. I wouldn't hurry to blame that on Torch.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2017, 16:24 

Actually, it does affect it - it even has an injector file that is essential for running it. But even if it didn't, it has been found to change in-game sync dramatically during and even after operation. This has been tested thoroughly over time, and it was even banned from the last major PvP tournament as I recall for these reasons.

ProfileTristr.am Profile