NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: December 2017 PvP Ladder
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2017, 01:28 

With a renewed interest in D1 activity lately, we are considering arranging a PvP ladder for December. Any takers? For those who lack gear, you can utilize the common char files/items made public by Shade. Post in this thread if you are interested in participating.

You can play at duels at your own pace (though the more active you are, the better your chances of winning obviously), and you may use as many classes as you like. You may, however, only duel the same person 10 rounds per month [regardless of classes used]. The person with the most points wins. Draws/double ko's are scored as 1 point for each player. Standard western rules/regulations apply. Use of Torch is strictly forbidden while in dueling game - if you must use it to load gear, do so beforehand and shut it off completely before joining the game. All platforms - including Bnet, Hamachi, Game Ranger, Evolve, etc can be used. All results must be posted here.

Ladder resets January 1, 2018.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
 Post subject: Re: December 2017 PvP Ladder
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2017, 18:18 

I should be down.... but what ever happened to "Dreamflange December" ???!?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2017, 19:07 

Doubt I would have time for both. I would prefer the PvP league but if activity is too low I'll probably just hit the leaderboards up and get my billion+ exp rogue back. Activity on Trist seems quite dead these days. A league doesn't need as large of a field as a full scale sudden-death tournament (like the Fresh Meat ones) does, but I would say at least 8 committed participants is necessary for it to even be worth it. So far, we would have 4-5 people interested.

Despite the open availability of common pvp items, the number of people who have a vested interest in dueling is still quite limited. I guess people would rather torture themselves playing overly tedious mods, hardcore delete-on-death axers, or IM. *shrugs*

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2017, 16:29 

I don't think having 8 participants as a minimum is necessary though, man. It could even be 6, or, like the old rules where it allowed one participant to use multiple classes.

The rules would be as follows:

You can play as many classes as you like, but, since this point system is by kills alone unlike the single-elimination tournament format..You don't collect *overall* points, but, points alone for that single class you're using.

e.g. Heretic (10 kills) / Hades-Lx2 (10 kills) ...This does not total to 20 kills, but only to 10 each since each class stands alone with their own score.

Hopefully this doesn't sound too complex.. But in laymen's terms:

1 kill = 1 point / double k.o. = 1 point / 2 kills in a 3-player FFA or 2 vs 2 team deathmatch = 1 point

Each point you earn goes toward your respective kill count for that specific character you are using. So this disables someone from cheating and adding up points with multiple characters.

Have fun everyone,
cheers
-Dei

p.s. I'll be working on the new ladder for the site, but in the meantime everyone who's interested can see here: http://diablo-stronghold.webs.com/pvp-coalition (there will also be a new medal implemented to make it a solid 4-place winning format) ...Maybe the 1st place winner can win something? :-) we'll see.

*Edit* oh, and ALL clvl's are allowed, so, you can duel with a lvl1 if you folks wanted to...We don't care :-) if you're geared or not geared, you're welcome to join. If you're skilled or un-skilled, you're welcome to join. Any basic info for rulesets and/or playstyles/mechanics can be found here: http://diablo-stronghold.webs.com/pvp-mechanics

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2017, 18:31 

If there will be a pvp tournament, sign me up. Ill probably end up as cannon fodder, but lets have some fun.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2017, 19:15 

PureHesiod wrote:
If there will be a pvp tournament, sign me up. Ill probably end up as cannon fodder, but lets have some fun.

Right on. So far we have: Deiphago, myself, Dualdragon, Bullyz, Hesiod, AJ, and Xero (?).

ProfileTristr.am Profile