NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Trial of Strength IV - 2018 PVP Tournament
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 19:17 

I am quite surprised that there is sufficient interest in playing out a tournament. I look forward to catching up with some new and old faces.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 21:07 

maht1 wrote:
I am quite surprised that there is sufficient interest in playing out a tournament. I look forward to catching up with some new and old faces.

Likewise. Good to see you around, looking forward to catching up as well.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2018, 15:18 

What is the take on the fact that battle.net is no longer working?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2018, 22:33 

In case the situation on Battle.net should prevail, VPN applications like 'Hamachi', 'GameRanger', 'OpenVPN', 'Tunngle' and 'Kali' are good alternative choices. I personally had positive experiences on GameRanger and Tunngle, but each pairing of participants can make this decision individually.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2018, 22:57 

Ok, to make everyone's life easier, if Battle.net isn't back I wont be playing.

Sorry.

Still have single player and item grind i guess...

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2018, 15:20 

I’m unfortunately pretty certain, that the issues on Battle.net won’t be resolved in the foreseeable future, if at all. I remember reading an official statement a couple of years ago, which basically said, that Diablo 1 will have Battle.net support as long as it works. They however won’t fix any occurring issues. This pretty much adds up perfectly with the steady degradation of functions and latency quality on Battle.net.

Well it worked for 22 years. This is without a doubt one of the longest lasting online supports in all gaming history. Maybe even the longest of them all? Does WCII still work on Battle.net?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2018, 22:27 

Quote:
I’m unfortunately pretty certain, that the issues on Battle.net won’t be resolved in the foreseeable future, if at all. I remember reading an official statement a couple of years ago, which basically said, that Diablo 1 will have Battle.net support as long as it works. They however won’t fix any occurring issues. This pretty much adds up perfectly with the steady degradation of functions and latency quality on Battle.net.

Well it worked for 22 years. This is without a doubt one of the longest lasting online supports in all gaming history. Maybe even the longest of them all? Does WCII still work on Battle.net?

I Have not been Around a Whole Lot Lately Because of School but what has happened to Battle.Net?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 02:56 

Hey Trist. Bnet seems to have gone caput on all gateways. The error message of "your internet connection is either very poor or is not processing packets through port 6112. You will be able to chat but not be able to play games. If the error persists please contact your ISP blah blah blah".....

We still have VPN networks that we can play on though. Me, Bullyz, and Dei have been testing Tunngle out and generally like the results compared to other platforms, so that is where we will usually be from now on.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 19:24 

Quote:
Hey Trist. Bnet seems to have gone caput on all gateways. The error message of "your internet connection is either very poor or is not processing packets through port 6112. You will be able to chat but not be able to play games. If the error persists please contact your ISP blah blah blah".....

We still have VPN networks that we can play on though. Me, Bullyz, and Dei have been testing Tunngle out and generally like the results compared to other platforms, so that is where we will usually be from now on.

Hello 'Fit' I Hope you are Well Man! I am Sorry, I have not a Single Second for PvP at the Moment but I am off School Soon!

Thank you for the Update on Battle.Net, that is what I Feared would Happen. We Definitely need to Build a Server of Some Sort or our Beautiful Game will Vanish for Good!

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2018, 15:28 

So is windows 10 + Tunngle the prefered method?

If so I may look into dual booting in windows 10 and then osx 10.7 and redhat... I am super busy though so I cannot promise a whole lot but I would like to be involved in this if possible.

If I remember right... FIT had a lot of resources to make this happen...

Let me know your thoughts guys...

-AJ

ProfileTristr.am Profile