NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Pandemonium Trial - LA2H Tournament
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2018, 16:25 

No problem, I guess I should have specified a deadline to upload your videos rather than deadline to stop attempting it, would have made more sense that way..
Omar promised to share his video in two days, so I guess that's when I'll show you mine and conclude the event. Just so you know, it's been uploaded since Sunday already :)

@Shade I liked your style, quite different from what we do in our games, this double teleport thing (pvp strategy I guess) and phasing, golems - was a nice watch. :)
Stats were clearly visible through out the run, so its no problem, unlike @WanderLionlip who didn't show them at all, which is not cool, but.. Oh well...

@None_RulezZz Just by participating you already are a winner, it was so rough to do this for you with such an underpowered warrior, especially the cage jumping. This event was more focused for end-game characters, so big respect for you for taking part here. :)

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2018, 19:51 

I played another run today. Being sober definitely helped to cut down the time a little. I landed at roughly 13:20

I believe it should be possible to achieve 11 - 12 minutes, if all goes smoothly and enemies are placed and allocated conveniently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngye1ss ... e=youtu.be

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2018, 23:27 

Couldn’t resist to play another one. Landed at 12:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOxpxG9 ... e=youtu.be

I’m aware that my publications are beyond the deadline – I simply did enjoy playing against the clock. Almost forgot how great the gameplay of this classic is. So much fun.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 08:23 

Thanks for sharing Shade.
Indeed I was expecting the winner of this to do it in 11-12 minutes..

As for myself - I was hoping to do it in under 13 minutes, as in practice I had a 13 minute something run. Sadly I was away for most of the time, so had only 2x2hour sessions for this available.

Here is my attempt: 13:05 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5BjF2ljpTU&
Pretty damn close to my goal, but still I think it's great time considering my gear and stats :)

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 16:01 

Excellent run indeed. You play very calm and precise. Maybe my teleport/phasing orgies cost me more time than I have thought. Hard to get rid of old habits ;-)

Gear certainly plays a big role in these runs. Especially life and mana pool are quite determining regarding how aggressive one can play. You seem to master it quite well. I tested a few builds with less life points, but everything below 600 feels too fragile to me. Amazing that you can handle 438.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 18:59 

Yeah, it's really uncomfortable with that low HP, out of my 6 attempts only this one I managed without deaths, most of them had multiple deaths, also I 'waste' a lot of time with healings, just because 1 blood knight hits for like 50% of my health.
Generally I like to have 500+ life for comfortable play, but this time I chose to go for as high To-Hit and mana as I could..

I got confirmation from Omar that he did not record any runs during the tournament, so I'll post results soon.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 19:20 

Results:

(Click on run time for videos)

1. Agguh - 13:05
2. WanderLionlip - 13:52
3. Shade - 14:44 (12:33 after the deadline)
4. Lvl1 - 16:37
5. None_RulezZz - 1:22:14
6. Omar. - DNF

It's kind of weird to put myself in the first place, when there's a faster run, but the winner doesn't matter.

I hosted this tournament first of all to give us all some extra motivation to play our 2H warriors and looks like it worked out perfectly, whether it was incentive to grind some gear and levels or take the rust off and do some speedy runs :)

Moreover, I really wanted to see different end game 2H play styles and it was really cool watching these videos: Xero with his telekinesis knockback thing, Warhawk using manashield or Shade with his mass teleport/phasing and golem thing. I guess my own 2H playstyle is a lot of backstepping and abusing terrain, also I use firewall A LOT normally :)

Thanks for participating everyone, was great fun and I might organize this in the future again as long as there are participants (wanna see other players play styles too!).
Might even make a rogue edition of this, who knows.

Until then!

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 23:37 

NICE!

ProfileTristr.am Profile