NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: Where do you start using scrolls of indentify? (Ironman)
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 19:15 

I know these scrolls are little treausres, just wanna know here is the best part of the run to use them.. level 5? level 10? (more or less)

Thanks mates!!!

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you start using scrolls of indentify? (Ironman)
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 14:16 

I usually save them all until caves as warrior. Of course use one if you find a good unique or maybe a magic bastard sword. If you have a ton of ID's, maybe trying to find gold (+chance to hit) rings and amulets might be worth it. Any monster that is between mlvl 12 and mlvl 25 can drop gold jewelry. However if you can wait until monsters that are around mlvl 18 and above (caves) you won't find rings 'of radiance' and light radius anymore. Caves can get really tough really fast though, I usually just ID the first magic item of each slot as soon as I get in caves. I'm very picky though and only do a run if have 8 or more IDS after level 3ish. If you have less IDs you might want to wait longer if you can. Also unique boss monsters have a +4 ilvl modifier to their drops and those items cannot be cursed. So if a unique monster on level 7 or 8 drops a ring or sword, it might be decent.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 14:16 

I have no idea when rogue should ID stuff, she has a much harder time than warrior

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 17:43 

Thank you for your answer!

Actually i'm trying to beat the game in ironman with a friend of mine, he plays as the sorcerer.

We will try to resist at least to level 8 to indetify items but...its so tought!.

Could you also give me some precious advice? For the warrior, i'm putting 3 points to dex 1 strenght and 1 vitality each level, im I doing it right?

Maybe you can explain me the "backstep" tactic to kill some mobs? I can't find anything about this!

Many thanks for your answer

Regards

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 19:17 

http://www.realmsbeyond.net/diablo/forgecd.html

This site has always been pretty useful. I didn't have it bookmarked but a simple google search of "Diablo 1 Ironman" I found it as the fourth result as I recognized the name Realms Beyond.

Hope this helps..
-Dei

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 21:17 

OMG did'nt know it existed such a treasure... ^^ many thanks mate!!

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2018, 06:04 

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22493 this thread has a lot of good info.

Definitely max dex first on warrior, Dex gives a little armor, chance to hit, and block chance. I would max dex, and then put most of my points in strength for damage, stunning is very important.

Jarulf's guide to diablo 1 is a pdf that is the bible of d1, has all the numbers and mechanics and data.

The "backstep" technique probably means waiting for the monster come to you while you hold shift and swing at the air, you'll get the first swing and if he gets stunned and pushed back, you can repeat and get free hits. It might also mean that if you walk diagonally 'straight' south/down/6 oclock while an enemy is adjacent anywhere from 9 o clock to 3 oclock above you, their attack will always miss if done right. If you swing and run away like this repeatedly it should technically work but it is VERY VERY hard to do.

A very helpful tip is if you walk diagonnaly left to diagonaly right or vice versa, you are immune to projectiles while moving! If you can "dance" it can make some situations a lot easier.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2018, 03:27 

It depends a little bit on how many ID's you have. Early game level 1-4 I would only go for uniques that have a guaranteed usefulness for your early game. I usually wouldn't go for any ID's pre caves unless you really need a boost badly. The later you start to identify items, the greater the chance for decent drops with long term value. But if you need some boost earlier there's no shame in going for it. If you get melee night clan on 7 and there's a chance they will end you run you should gamble on some Id's to carry you on.

A hard rule I follow is: Id when you need, but never when you can.
No need for an Id to make an easy level even easier. Allways save for the crucial points in the run.

I think for a minimum of Id's to work with later you should keep 2 Scrolls for Caves and 3 for Hell minimum. More is better but don't force yourself. Some Id's usually drop in later levels as well and in Hell there is also a slight chance for a glimmering cauldron.

ProfileTristr.am Profile