NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Very Rare Occurence
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 14:52 

During a Very Short 'Iron Man' Run that was more Practice than Anything else, 'Deiphago', 'Greenorbwizard5' and Myself were Exploring Church Level 3 on Normal Difficulty. We were of course quite Careful and Anxious Because we did not Knew where 'King Leoric' was.

In the Lower Parts of the Level, we Opened a Treasure Room and on the Ground was something Exceptional that I did not even Believe could be Found at Such Low Character Levels: A 'Thinking Cap'.

Last edited by Tristram on 25 Dec 2017, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
 Post subject: Re: A Very Rare Occurence
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 15:24 

Well, the qlvl of item drops from the environment are correlated to dlvl rather than clvl. I believe dlvl 3 is the earliest that TC can drop. The dlvl must be at least double the qlvl of the item for it to be able to drop from the environment, iirc (or maybe its double - 1, I can't remember exactly). Drops are determined when the game is created, and not at the moment a given action takes place (such as looting a corpse, opening a chest or killing a monster). So theoretically, you could find a ring of the zodiac with a lvl 1 char if you were able to enter a tp into hell.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 15:48 

TheNecessaryEvil wrote:
you could find a ring of the zodiac with a lvl 1 char if you were able to enter a tp into hell.

Zodiac can only chest/floor spawn on dlvl 15 if i remember

Edit* an good find... Imagine finding a some hidden shrines too... wow... nice.

On that note... I actually had a 1 dura TC the other day that I hit a shrine with and it didn't bump the dura up... was weird.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 16:31 

Quote:
Well, the qlvl of item drops from the environment are correlated to dlvl rather than clvl. I believe dlvl 3 is the earliest that TC can drop. The dlvl must be at least double the qlvl of the item for it to be able to drop from the environment, iirc (or maybe its double - 1, I can't remember exactly). Drops are determined when the game is created, and not at the moment a given action takes place (such as looting a corpse, opening a chest or killing a monster). So theoretically, you could find a ring of the zodiac with a lvl 1 char if you were able to enter a tp into hell.

Interesting Facts. I just Looked at the Probabilities and it has about 1/146 000 Chances to drop from the Following Monsters: 'Burning Dead', 'Horror', 'Shadow Beast', 'Black Deaths', 'Blink', 'Dark One' And 'Unseen'. Several Bosses have Quite High Chances of Dropping it too Actually but that Never Happened to me so far.

What is Quite Extraordinary is that it did not Drop, it was a Ground Spawn in a Treasure Room.

Quote:
Imagine finding a some hidden shrines too

During an 'Iron Man' Run, that would be quite Insane indeed.

Last edited by Tristram on 25 Dec 2017, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 18:36 

D1Legit wrote:
TheNecessaryEvil wrote:
you could find a ring of the zodiac with a lvl 1 char if you were able to enter a tp into hell.

Zodiac can only chest/floor spawn on dlvl 15 if i remember

Sounds right, since it is qlvl 30.

ProfileTristr.am Profile