NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: Coop Ideas.
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017, 14:00 

I was just thinking about how "far" Diablo 1 has come... as weird as that sounds...

With the torch mod, we get an amazing stash... it solves so many of the problems with the original diablo.

Additionally, we can use the alt button to find drops...

It really makes the gameplay a lot better by eliminating some of the more annoying aspects of the game (hearing a ring drop and then search FOREVER for it for example)

There are lots of reasons to chose Diablo 1 over other games IMO... but one element that still sucks is COOP.

Think about it, there is no EXP sharing mechanic... other than... TELEKINESIS... and that is just annoying... and with limited drops players are going to fight for items...

So as it is, logically, Co-op = less exp, and less drops....

Also, spells hit other players so playing with a sorcerer as is is just annoying as fuck... so essentially if you wanted to co-op... its for warriors and rogues only (not really but I think u know what I mean)

I have some ideas to solve this though..

Players can use a trainer for the "god mode from other players" . This will solve the friendly fire issue... In all other releases of Diablo friendly fire isn't a thing for PvM... so we would be hacking in functionality that we would get in later generations...

Alternatively, someone could code a hack that actually enables "god from players" if your swords are crossed (more work for nothing IMO but w/e)

As fas as EXP sharing... I was thinking if someone could some how code a hack that binds a key... to cast telk on all the monsters on the level at once. Then everyone can just click the button and everyone gets full EXP. Thus, now, CO-OP = Much faster leveling and EXP because your sharing...

The only remaining issue is drops... but the players in the game can decide how they want to do that.

What do you all think about something like this? IS the Telk hack even possible?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
 Post subject: Re: Coop Ideas.
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017, 15:56 

As far as I know, there always was EXP sharing. If both characters touched (telekinesis or/and with weapon) a monster they get EXP divided between. Of course It's not like on d2 but it's still something.

Friendly Fire although is another issue but it's just makes you think and makes the game more dynamic maybe. For that reason there's a simple rule like don't play with reckless casters or/and play all warriors or mix between warriors and rogues. Sorc are welcome as long as they play defensive healers or Tank Melee builds.

Considering drops - in team play we agree about whoever kills the monster with the drop - gets it. Considering LAZ room - we agree beforehand who kills which unique monster. So if team is 2 people: choose two between Laz, Jade, Red Vex and BL. In team of 4 - everyone gets one each.

Torch already solves the most annoying stuff considering d1 and I feel we already have too much grey areas considering Legit Play.

Another thing is that activity each year gets more shit and we probably don't need anymore "hack" and "trainers". If you can't take a death that's probably your problem. That's just makes me want to practice and learn how to play, because I've seen stuff on YouTube where people play low AC Axers and don't die almost at all while teleporting all over the place. it's all comes down to practice, knowing all the monsters AI and a comfortable keyboard. And I'm talking from a perspective who dies A LOT. People mastering this get bored and switch over to PvP.

Maybe it's time to stop the moding because we already have d2 LoD, D1 HD mod, D1 TH and D1 TH2.

But that's my opinion.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017, 16:22 

Always good to hear what other people think. Am I alone in thinking a telkiness hack would be pretty cool? I can use it and u guys can pass on it haha :)

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017, 16:24 

I generally agree with what Lvl1 stated above.

Friendly fire, while annoying in extreme desync/lag situations, adds an interesting dynamic and certain challenge to the game. Makes things more interesting.

Sorcerers can actually be good co-op characters. You just have to play prudently, and in most situations it should be obvious what constitutes this.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017, 17:22 

D1Legit wrote:
Always good to hear what other people think. Am I alone in thinking a telkiness hack would be pretty cool? I can use it and u guys can pass on it haha :)

I'm sorry, but I'm very hostile when considering any hacks. Even though I almost missed all the active D1 B.net days, but still remember a time, when heavy hack using hackers could kill you in town, making you drop everything and crash your game. And all the invisible PK by other hackers. This was the reason why people started playing password private games and/or switching to Diablo 2 or stuff like Path of Exile and etc.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017, 17:27 

TheNecessaryEvil wrote:
I generally agree with what Lvl1 stated above.

Friendly fire, while annoying in extreme desync/lag situations, adds an interesting dynamic and certain challenge to the game. Makes things more interesting.

Sorcerers can actually be good co-op characters. You just have to play prudently, and in most situations it should be obvious what constitutes this.

Sorc can be a good COOP partner. Just don't use Chain Lighting in other people faces and spam Hydra instead of Fire Ball while around others. Heal Other is very helpful. Or you can equip Civerb's Mace, cast Golem and Stone Curse on mobs. A few swings with a Civerb's Mace will do the trick.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017, 17:51 

lvl1 wrote:
D1Legit wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm very hostile when considering any hacks. Even though I almost missed all the active D1 B.net days, but still remember a time, when heavy hack using hackers could kill you in town, making you drop everything and crash your game. And all the invisible PK by other hackers. This was the reason why people started playing password private games and/or switching to Diablo 2 or stuff like Path of Exile and etc.

Sounds traumatic. Sorry you had to live through that horrible life altering experience :)

Was just throwing some ideas out there, sounds like I am alone on this one. No worries though :)

We all have different Ideas as to what is "legit" I may be more "hack tolerant" than most, thats cool.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017, 18:37 

D1Legit wrote:
lvl1 wrote:
D1Legit wrote:

Sounds traumatic. Sorry you had to live through that horrible life altering experience :)

Was just throwing some ideas out there, sounds like I am alone on this one. No worries though :)

We all have different Ideas as to what is "legit" I may be more "hack tolerant" than most, thats cool.

Also when I read the topic name "COOP Ideas" I immediately thought we are trying to make something new in PvM terms. Something new to general COOP PvM, Ironman and PvP playstyles.

A few years ago we had a holocaust kinda like HC play style which involved heavy restrictions to certain builds and a huge penalty if you wanted to resurrect your dead char. I'm talking about NEX System. Maybe somebody still remember that mess.

Also I used to run an Uber Skeleton King boss battles involving rewards for a short period. Never worked out since the idea itself was bulky and poorly presented. Still got a video of Leoric having 20k life and you had to kill him. Yeah, d2 ubers. Funny to look back at that.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017, 19:06 

Yeah I remember NEX...

I almost forgot. Here I am trying to make Diablo easier and more enjoyable with a better more modern XP share mechanic and yall were dong that self inflicted misery shit! haha

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017, 21:20 

Good Afternoon,

In my humble opinion, Diablo is Flawless and should not be touched at all. It is all the more Enjoyable and Nerve-Racking when you play in a Purist Fashion and Avoid Third-Party Sofware(s). I also agree with 'Lvl1' that Implementing any kind of 'Hacks' to this amazing game is nothing short of Blasphemy.

No Stash: In my eyes, this is actually a good thing, especially when you play 'Iron Man'. The Game becomes more intense because you have to make choices and these choices will either bring you Luck or come back to Haunt you later on. It also intensifies the sentiment of Loneliness and Anguish.

Highlighted Items: Yes, It might be annoying to search for a 'Ring' or 'Amulet' but compared to other 'ARPG', the Creatures in Diablo 1 do not drop excessive amounts of items (like in 'POE'). Add to that the fact that you will only really look for an item on the ground after Casting Spells like 'Chain Lightning' or 'Fireball' repeatedly on large Packs of Ennemies. I also find it quite exciting to look-out for Potions on the Ground or Items in 'Treasure Rooms'. I once found a 'Needler' (Unique Bow) in such a room, on Church Level 1 with a Brand New Warrior. If I had not pointed my Cursor at this precise Tile, I would have missed it. When you use 'Torch' for example, you start taking such Features for granted and this aspect of the game is now Gone Forever. You no longer have to be Cautious and Carefully look on the Ground for that Precious Potion that you need.

Shared Experience: According to the Lore of Diablo, this makes a lot of sense to me. The Heroes are Allies in their Quest to Purge the Evil that lurks under Tristram but they are also mainly there for their own sake. Again, this is something I appreciate greatly because it keeps the intensity of the game. There are no Easy-Way(s) for you to be 'Power-Leveled' or anything of the sort. Even if someone shares with you excellent Items, you have to go through the experiences offered by the Game and get to Diablo by yourself.

Friendly Fire: Like Others have been Saying, this aspect of the Game changes the Dynamics entirely. Playing in a party requires Skills, Coordination, Patience and Intelligence. I remember when I was younger, there was a time when 'Diablo 2' also felt this way. To kill 'Baal' you needed to have a very organised Party or you would Fail. Then, Runewords (while fun) changed it all forever.

ProfileTristr.am Profile