NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wirt Doesn't Like me
PostPosted: 18 May 2018, 14:02 

I have been shopping for Merciless/Burning or Merciless/Thunder for a few days now (about 3 hours per day) and still all Wirt wants to sell me is only the sufixes I want. I am starting to think Wirt has something against women or just me.

I am curious to hear from anyone who has purchased one of these bows from Wirt.... How long did it take you? Approximate number of tries? Time? How lucky are you?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
 Post subject: Re: Wirt Doesn't Like me
PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 02:32 

Wirt shopping is probably the most tedious thing you can do in Diablo, besides maybe playing LOL or some other insane variant.

I've found that most of the best things I got from him was completely random, and almost never when I did mass shopping to buy something specific. Then again, I hardly ever had the patience to do more than a few hundred runs before I was ready to go stir-crazy.

Merciless elemental bows are relatively rare, especially as LWB, but they are easy to get in comparison to weapons with the Strange prefix. I remember shopping my Merciless Burning lwb many years ago without too much difficulty, but just about everything else was shopped by pure chance.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 03:05 

I've never shopped Wirt that way. Griswold is bad enough. I still don't have a good ksoh. I rarely play for one single objective (Gris is the only exception I can think of, and it's pretty rare). While I'm in the dungeons, I take all the gold and whatever items will sell for a decent amount. When I'm done, I spend it on Wirt. I don't get bored this way, and I get multiple things done. I've gotten some very good examples of what you're after from Wirt, among other things.

Edit: just thought I'd reshare this
viewtopic.php?p=3297#p3297

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 18:11 

Attachment:
ThanksWirt.png
ThanksWirt.png [ 970.53 KiB | Viewed 998 times ]

Finally...

I lost count of number of visits but i would say somewhere near 5000. about 4 days of trying on average of 4 hours a day. Friday I spent about 7 hours trying. Watched a baseball game that got rain delayed and part of a diablo ironman stream. I finally got it today on about hour 2 of trying. I got down to 176000 gold twice and had to fill up in nightmare hell.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 21:57 

Congrats :)

He sold me this yesterday after I took my BNM through the church:

Attachment:
emerald burning.jpg
emerald burning.jpg [ 63.44 KiB | Viewed 955 times ]

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 27 May 2018, 01:51 

Cool Affixes

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 27 May 2018, 14:28 

It ain't bad :) The base for most of those bows is too expensive for Wirt to sell. The best is only 2 average damage better than the worst.

ProfileTristr.am Profile