NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Hack] Torch
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2013, 21:43 

kingpetre wrote:
I tried to ctrl+click an item in the inventory with the cursor full, but it doesn't work.

That will be the next thing I look into then. It shouldn't be possible to get stuck holding an item like that.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2013, 21:52 

If only one can be shown, I would prefer sell value over base value. It is silly but not a big deal for gold to have 1250 sell value as it's the only item that can't be sold anyway. I keep/trash items in dungeons, at this point of my "career", based on how much gold I can get out if the item if I'm not going to use it on any of my characters.

That and I won't have to break out the calculator to divide everything by 4 to determine my possible profit.

As everyone is saying, great job so far.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 10:38 

As a sidenote:
While trying out the non-debug-version yesterday, my game stopped working twice and had to be force shut down.

I would not mention it if not for the fact that I have never encoutered any crashes (besides storm.dll error) or freezes in the past 15 years.

I switched back to an older version of Torch and have not encountered any further issues.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 12:19 
Site Admin

Found some interesting while I was looking in the memory.

Butcher/Skeleton King/Lazarus and Unique monsters HP on each level: 0064D754

Level 15:
Bloodlust: 0064E2E8
Red Vex: 0064D838
Blackjade: 0064D91C

Still havent researched completely yet, but will dig some more tomorrow...

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 13:42 
Site Admin

hscorpio wrote:
As a sidenote:
While trying out the non-debug-version yesterday, my game stopped working twice and had to be force shut down.

I would not mention it if not for the fact that I have never encoutered any crashes (besides storm.dll error) or freezes in the past 15 years.

I switched back to an older version of Torch and have not encountered any further issues.

Can you try again and find out whats causing the crash? Its easier for Tiron to locate the bug then...

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 14:41 

I sure believe it would be easier, but I have no clue myself what to look out for (as the crashes were really sudden with nothing special happing, just a character walking in town/dungeon) and no debugging tools to analyze that stuff.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 15:26 

I haven't been using the hack torch or any of it's components. But it is my belief (and I'm not alone in this) that the Diablo MPQ.dat file has a small memory error. After long hours of playing (even in consession) the program starts nibbling away at overhead memory. Eventually the computer will start shutting down programs deemed not a priority (much like the energy saver does on a laptop). It's most noticeable when you lose your internet connection for no apparent reason. I'm not much of a programmer but you might search this theory as the culpert. I often reboot my computer before a long sessions of Diablo. Happy programming Tiron hope you can solve the problem. I know there are lots of players on this site enjoying your modifications.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 18:27 

For what it's worth I got around to playing the current finished version (not debugging) for 3-4 hours nonstop last night and didn't have a crash. Did that type of crash happen anyway with regular Diablo, or only with Torch? As Horazon said, how long per session before the crash? What options were selected for Torch? As recent posters said the more details that can be given for the crashes the more likely Tiron or another experienced programmer will be able to pinpoint the likely culprit.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 20:34 

@BFBullpup

It's been an ongoing problem with Diablo I. Not all computers will expierence it but most will. Rather it has something to do with math co-processors I can't say. I was only expressing the fact that the problem does exist without the modifications made by Tiron. And you have to play for many, many hours before you notice the problem.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2013, 22:00 

hscorpio wrote:
I sure believe it would be easier, but I have no clue myself what to look out for (as the crashes were really sudden with nothing special happing, just a character walking in town/dungeon) and no debugging tools to analyze that stuff.

You might not have any debugging tools, but you can still help me out a lot.

If you're on a recent version of Windows, you should get a dialog that goes something like this:

"Diablo has encountered a problem and needs to close."

With several options like Troubleshooting, Close, Debug, or More Information. Hit More Information, and copy all of the text from there and send it to me (it should include things like "Exception Offset, Exception Module, Fault Code, etc).. If you can remember any kind of general information like what you were doing, whether you were in town / dungeon, and how long you had been playing that could help too. This will give me some place to start looking.

I played for about 3 hours last night with the latest debug build and had no issues. After you get that crash data, you could try with the debug build and see if it fixes it.

I don't think Diablo has a memory leak problem, I've left games going overnight on multiplayer before with no issues. I never reboot either, I just put my laptop to sleep. I want to say its been a good 2 months since my last real shutdown.

Diablo does peg the CPU at 100% however, so hardware that is unable to cope with the heat could have issues. I have to use the Windows 7 power options to throttle my CPU to 50% clock speed while I play, otherwise it gets super hot and starts slowing down significantly -- to the point it gets unplayable. It doesn't corrupt anything or cause a crash for me, but it certainly could. Probably isn't as bad on a desktop with real fans though...

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 36  Next