NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Hack] Torch
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 09:08 

I've made a lot of progress to the stash already tonight. So far you can put items into it (it doesn't remove them from your inventory yet though), and look through some of the items (the first 15, since it can't scroll yet).

The maximum limit it will hold is 1024, but it only saves however many slots are full out to the file. The stash file is stored in the Diablo directory, and is roughly ~3K for the stash shown in my screenshot.

Its got tabs across the top to make it easier to get to the item you're looking for. I would like to have more than 5 tabs, but Diablo's font is prohibitively large.

Here's a screenshot of what its looking like:

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 09:43 
Site Admin

Looks awesome, great job! :)

Have you had time to look at posting messages to the diablo process? I think this would be the best solution (if possible) to show an indicator in-game when an update is executed.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 13:11 

That stash is working now... Mostly. Download it and give it a try.

Its got a few quirks still. For example, if you stash an item thats equipped your character doesn't visually reflect that change until you move something else in your inventory. When retrieving objects from the stash I tried to put them on the cursor for you to pick where to go. Diablo just throws them on the ground for you, unless the space you're standing on already has something on the ground.

Its accessible all the time right now also, I don't restrict it to town yet.

My text descriptions will not match Griswold or Adria exactly, I actually walk through the item structure myself and pull out the magical properties of identified items. I don't think I've missed much, if anything.

I still consider this experimental, don't trust it with your valuable items until you're comfortable with it. I crashed Diablo about 100 times adding this, which usually lost the item I was trying to move around.

EDIT:
Yeah its still pretty broken. I would not recommend downloading it yet.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 15:23 

Tiron wrote:
EDIT:
Yeah its still pretty broken. I would not recommend downloading it yet.

Can you make two separate links in the OP:

1) The latest WORKING version
2) The "beta" version (updated only when you try something new)

That way if you discover a feature is not yet fully functional DiabloTorch users can download from #1 while you work on #2. Just an idea.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 17:56 
Site Admin

I can beta-test the stash with a new fresh character so its no big deal if I lose an item or two. :)

EDIT: How do I enable the stash?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 19:27 

I backdated the normal link to a fully working version, and added a debug link to my first post.

If you guys would like to test it out go ahead. It seems to have a problem removing items from your inventory though. You can't see them, but if you fill every space with gold it will crash at some point. I tried zeroing the entire item, which didn't fix it. Before that you could actually go sell the item that had disappeared.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 19:45 
Site Admin

Tiron wrote:
If you guys would like to test it out go ahead. It seems to have a problem removing items from your inventory though. You can't see them, but if you fill every space with gold it will crash at some point. I tried zeroing the entire item, which didn't fix it. Before that you could actually go sell the item that had disappeared.

Are you manipulating the memory directly or adding/removing items by some other means?
I just happened to remember after the 40x368 bytes of inventory item data, there is a 4 byte integer containing the number of items actually in the inventory. Maybe this is something that needs to be manipulated manually?

Not sure if it is helpful in your case, i use this integer to know how many item data "blocks" to read when processing the memory data to create the inventory layout, since data is not removed for dropped/removed items.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 19:53 

Right now I'm manipulating the data directly. I decrement the inventory counter you're referencing, and then move all of the other downs down so there aren't holes. I also step through the inventory cells and make sure they all point to the new correct item.

I'm looking into a way to have Diablo remove the item for me, using a built in function call or something. No luck yet though, the only one I've tried seems to do more harm than good.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 19:53 
Site Admin

I found the problem with the stash I think.

When you put items to stash(ctrl+click) the memory address that is a counter that checks how many items in inventory doesnt decrease. The address for character slot0 is 0068AB54.
Not sure about other slots yet, maybe MaggoT can fill up with info here...

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2013, 19:57 

I just barely caught this. I decrement the counter for the items on the ground instead of in the inventory. I'm testing a new build right now...

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next