NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Hack] Torch
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2013, 23:58 

I have a suggestion if you don't mind. :-) Can the battery level be hidden? The clock can be but not the battery. I use a desktop so I have a 255% on the top right of my monitor.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2013, 19:08 

Ok, lots of stuff changed here.

Battery level will now be automatically hidden if its >= 100%. I believe that some desktops can also show 0%, if anyone sees this I can fix that as well.

The exp bar is a dark red color now, doesn't stand out so much.

I removed the automap requirement for showing the clock, exp bar, monster life bar, and battery level while in the dungeon. These should always be shown as long as the option to show them is set.

Holding alt will now show items names on the ground. This isn't perfect yet, still a few kinks to work out. It might be possible for a very long name to be longer than the box that it shows in. When the inventory, spellbook, character information, or any other screen is open the boxes/names of items will not line up correctly. Normal items are white, magical/unique items are blue (I hope to make unique gold later on).

The download link in my first post has been updated.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2013, 06:33 

Pretty much the best thing that I've seen in a long, long time. You sir, are a saint.

There are still a few bugs with the xp-bar not updating properly or unique items being shown as blue etc..., but overall this is what I've always wanted for old D1 :)

If it helps I'll make a compilation of bugs I encounter.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2013, 08:45 

In my defense, selling a unique item also shows blue. :)

I'll fix that when I get a chance. I also want to make it automatically show an item when it drops for about 2 seconds.

The XP bar should always show for the first player in the game. If you join someone else's game it should theoretically show their XP (and probably their inventory values too).

Yeah let me know if you find any other bugs, or have any feature requests.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 07:49 

Updated again.

When an item drops on the ground, it will have its name shown for 2 seconds.

Item names while holding alt now scroll smoothly while you walk, and also correctly show unique item names in gold.

Item names are correctly centered on the gameplay area when the inventory, spellbook, character information, or quest log screens are open.

XP bar is now semi-transparent red.

XP bar and inventory item values should work for multiplayer now.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 17:48 

This is really awesome! Thx a lot!

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 18:16 
Site Admin

Just tried it out. Im impressed, I think Ill use this mod for now on. :) Its nice you can inject the DLL after you have connected to battle.net so you are free to go in Multiplayer games...

No more wasting time searching for jewels on ground now. :)

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 19:21 

After I finish a few more things (like the chat log), I want to modify my injector to wait for the process to start. Then you could inject it before you even launch Diablo. I'd also need to unload it for a moment when they try to connect to Battle.net.

I've done that before with Starcraft 1, just takes time. Its much easier to be able to inject it and launch it at the same time, and not worry about failing to log in to Battle.net.

Last edited by Tiron on 13 Mar 2013, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 19:21 
Site Admin

I just tried this and I too am impressed, very nice job! :) This is definitely something i could see myself using on a regular basis.

A couple of suggestions (some might have been mentioned already):

- Would it be possible to also display the item names on ALTGR? It would be comfortable when the left hand is on the spell hotkeys F5-F8 :)

- Option to disable the automatic item name on drop, so they only show when ALT is pressed.

- Option to disable the price tooltip in inventory.

I really like the options-box for customizing, so users can use whatever features they like.

Another thing that came to mind, that i have been thinking about before is some sort of in-game indicator whenever DiabloStats uploads the character. Like a little box in the corner that flashes for one second or something.
I find myself often wanting to update the character before i quit playing, and i have to sit there and wait for 20 seconds to be sure it has actually updated... However i don't know how one would implement something like this.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2013, 19:45 

What is ALTGR? Right now it should work with either alt key, but I could easily make it customizable to use any key on the keyboard. I'll see how feasible is it to let you push the key that you want from the options window.

I will definitely add more settings to let you turn things off. I'd like to hook this in to the Windows registry at some point so it saves window positions and settings between runs as well.

It shouldn't be hard to do a ReadProcessMemory on DiabloStats. I'm lead to believe that either you (MaggoT) or GORE wrote DiabloStats? If there was somewhere that stored the last system time of the DiabloStats update I could use that to show a message in the corner of the screen. I've only been using DiabloStats for 2 days and I also find myself waiting an extra few seconds to make sure it uploaded my latest info.

Does DiabloStats use a WM_TIMER message to do its updates? I could add a button that does a PostMessage to DiabloStats, forcing an update at any time. DiabloStats could also PostMessage to Diablo's process with a WM_USER message that I could intercept to know when its been updated. Just thinking out loud here, but I believe you can send messages across processes like this.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next