NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Hack] Torch
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 22:23 

This is turning into a major pain.
My goal is to:
1) Get Diablo working on win10
2) Get on battlenet
3) Get torch to run.

Now i have found multiple ways of doing 1)
2) is also somewhat doable.

But the trick is getting 3) to work, and to work with bnet.

The best way to accomplish 1) is to use DDwrapper. Works perfect and smooth, but it is not compatible with 2 and 3 at all.

Getting 1+2 to work requires me to shut down explorer which i do with a .bat file i made, but 3) still does not work.

Now i looked up the post from may 21, 2015 and the download from there does not even run. inject flicks shortly on my screen and disappears. What do i do?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 23:33 

Does the autoinjector not work for you? It is supposed to inject Torch into the game some time after you launch the .exe - supposedly after you log into battle.net.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 00:36 

Does it only Work om bnet?

It works fine on my ancient winXP laptop. Problem comes when i use various work arounds to get the game running in D1.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 17:39 

It should work in any kind of game - there is a problem with battle.net, which is that if Torch is already injected, it won't allow you to log in because your game is altered.
Then, in win 10 there's an alt+tab crash problem. Therefore, pre-executing a timed injector may be a solution.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 23:04 

Howdy. This mod looks extremely impressive but i am having trouble running it correctly. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate, using Diablo (not Hellfire). I start up the game, load my char, tab out, run the .bat file and i get -

Code:
C:\Diablo>InjectorConsole Diablo.exe DiabloTorch.dll
Starting in Auto inject mode.

Auto injecting
Diablo Injector Console
------ -------- -------
C:\Diablo\DiabloTorch.dll
Checking for file C:\Diablo\DiabloTorch.dll...
Failed to create thread in Diablo process!
Error: 5

Any ideas? I am using the popular ddraw patch but i have attempted run the mod with and without the patch to no avail. Thanks for creating it, even if i can never run it this really does look like a sweet mod.

EDIT : I used a version that was posted on May 21 in this thread and it now runs. Were there any important features implemented since this release?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017, 06:57 

Run as admin?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017, 15:59 

I am having the same problem Bungholio

Bungholio wrote:
Howdy. This mod looks extremely impressive but i am having trouble running it correctly. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate, using Diablo (not Hellfire). I start up the game, load my char, tab out, run the .bat file and i get -

Code:
C:\Diablo>InjectorConsole Diablo.exe DiabloTorch.dll
Starting in Auto inject mode.

Auto injecting
Diablo Injector Console
------ -------- -------
C:\Diablo\DiabloTorch.dll
Checking for file C:\Diablo\DiabloTorch.dll...
Failed to create thread in Diablo process!
Error: 5

Any ideas? I am using the popular ddraw patch but i have attempted run the mod with and without the patch to no avail. Thanks for creating it, even if i can never run it this really does look like a sweet mod.

EDIT : I used a version that was posted on May 21 in this thread and it now runs. Were there any important features implemented since this release?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017, 16:28 

Ok i got torch mod to work using this version. I moved my diablo folder to a custom file outside of program files. I was running diablo as admin as well... changed that. Hope this helps.

kingpetre wrote:
I'm posting the latest working version before the latest update with the new non-working injector, since the link deepraupe posted has an older DiabloTorch.dll.

Attachment:
DiabloTorch.zip

This is a version posted in this thread on May 21 2015

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017, 04:46 

Does the original creator of this mod still post in this thread? I'd love to know roughly how he did it, this is very impressive. Not looking for a tutorial but for this to work with the original client i would imagine it would take a ton of work.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 20:19 

I do check back periodically (every 2-3 months maybe), I don't usually feel the need to post.

I added some features a while ago that I'm not sure ever got uploaded to the site. Things like showing other players on the automap in blue arrows, and adding a party screen where you can see other player's life/location.

There was an issue with one of the older versions of the injector where it would search for a window named "Diablo" instead of a process named "Diablo.exe", and so would often try to inject into the explorer window was open from whenever Diablo was run. I believe I fixed this also, I'll have to make sure that I go through and get all this stuff uploaded tonight. I'll add an adjustable delay timer while I'm at it for all you Windows 10 guys.

Unfortunately I think DropBox will be removing support for how I am linking files/pictures here, so I might have to find another way to host this stuff. Since this is an older project for me, I've considered releasing source to it as well. I'm still undecided on this though.

"Roughly how I did it"
Roughly, I was interested in modding the original Starcraft first. I often used Oblivion by Zynastor, and wanted to take a shot at making my own stuff. Oblivion already included a great DLL injector, so I didn't need to make my own until I got to Diablo. It just took a lot of research, trial and error, and time. The general idea is that your DLL gets loaded into some other process and it calls a function to let you know, this is where you go through Diablo's memory and modify some things to point to your DLL instead of Diablo. Now Diablo will call into your DLL where you can do your own processing. Once you are done doing what you wanted, you reproduce the result of whatever memory you removed from Diablo, and call back to directly after your modification (this is called a hook).

There used to be an entire website (battlehacks.net) dedicated to this stuff, its long since gone though. I wish my injector was even half as good an zLoader from Oblivion was though.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next