NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: [Hack] Torch
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 00:45 

I'm making a mod for D1 that adds a lot of features from later games. For example, its got an exp bar at the bottom of the screen, a monster life bar appears, clock and laptop battery level are also shown at the top. When the mouse is over an item in your inventory, it automatically shows the value of that item.

Full list of features:
- Monster life is shown while the cursor is over a monster.
- Current time is put at the top of the screen.
- Player experience bar shown right above potion belt.
- Battery level is shown in the top right if its less than 100%.
- Item values are shown when the mouse is over an item in the inventory.
- Items that are dropped on the ground automatically get their name placed above them for 2 seconds.
- Holding alt will show all items on the ground by putting names above them.
- Full shrine list available in-game.
- 20 page in-game drag & drop stash (open the Quest Log to access).
- Most features can be disabled in-game.
- Taskbar at the bottom of the screen keeps separate windows tidy.
- Tilde (~) key hides taskbar.

This is a work in progress. If anyone has any feature requests, I'd like to hear them!

Download it here:
http://bit.ly/WU0qtu

Last edited by Tiron on 29 May 2013, 04:27, edited 4 times in total.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
 Post subject: Re: [Hack] Torch
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 03:16 

Looks pretty cool man.

I have a couple suggestions, first and foremost.. you should advertise it as a MOD, not a hack :P you may get crucified around here otherwise, haha.

And something I've thought this game should have a loooong time ago is a simple mod that highlights rings/amulets when they're on the ground, that's long overdue.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 04:10 

Sorry, this is based on some work I did for SC1 and everyone called those hacks. :D Always loved Diablo so I figured I'd do the same here.

Its a dll that needs to be injected into Diablo, its not a permanent mod. Whatever you want to call that.

I'm hoping to add a DII type system where you hold alt and it puts names over all the items on the ground.

I just found this site today. It could be kinda cool to show the list of players / games on the right from inside of Diablo. Just a thought.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 11:37 

I just tried the mod on my single-player character and I have to say it looks good. I'm not sure if the Leaderboard here would permit it (there is a no-hack rule). The ability to view item values and monster's HP might speed up gameplay, and thus experience gains for the Leaderboard.

Two feedback I have:
-Add more detailed instructions on how to use the mod. I had to figure out by myself that clicking on the box in the lower-left part of the town/dungeon window would bring back the Options/Monsters/iTunes choices after they are collapsed.
-When I am in the dungeon mousing over the items in my inventory causes the value/sell box to show up UNDER the inventory window, making it invisible. Mousing over the item on the far left of my inventory box shows only half of that sell/value window. When I am in Town I am able to view the value/sell box ABOVE the window.

I and I'm sure other players here like Diablo II almost as much as Diablo I because of the convenient gameplay features (ability to run, hitting Alt to view items on ground). I don't care about the running ability, but considering D I's ancient graphics, something to make those sought-after amulets and rings easier to see on the ground would be GREAT.

Thank you! :-)

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 14:27 

The health bar is really cool. Experience bar is also nice although too brightly colored.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 14:43 
Site Admin

Its nice to see some new mods to this game. Really like this one, it could be really useful in the future.
Tiron wrote:
I just found this site today. It could be kinda cool to show the list of players / games on the right from inside of Diablo. Just a thought.
Actually there is a JSON API with all info about b.net games, users logged on etc. in development stage here on tristr.am. You can contact MaggoT if you want to test it and try to implement it to your mod.

Dont know if you find it useful but here's the API:
http://tristr.am/api/

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 17:54 

I'm was aware of the item value in dungeon bug already, I actually fixed it last night. The download link from my first post has been updated with the fix. I also added the beginnings of a chat log, it logs all of the message to C:\Messages.txt right now (unfortunately you can't turn it off). I will add an in-game window for this shortly.

I haven't indexed too many in-game colors, but I can always make the bar darker. How about the red color used for monster life?

The API doesn't look too complicated. I don't have a lot of time the rest of this week though. Maybe after I finish showing items on the ground I'll look into this, I haven't played bnet in a while but I seem to remember the real game list not working well.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2013, 15:16 

Thanks for fixing the in-dungeon bug. I don't see Messages.txt in my C:/ - does something have to happen (for example another player talking to me) for that .txt file to be created?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2013, 17:51 

Yes, you need to receive an in-game message before that file gets created (pushing V sends the version message, which works also). It lists player numbers right now, when I finish adding the window for the chat log it will use actual player names.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2013, 19:22 

Thanks for the explanation.

Is it just me or does the Exp bar not show up when the character is in the dungeon? When I hit Tab for the map the bar shows up, but not when the map is gone and only the playing field is visible. Have I missed a way to make the bar stay visible when I am busy killing monsters with the map out of the way? :-)

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next