NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Obsidian (+38%) Cap (1) of the Mammoth (+78)
PostPosted: 25 May 2017, 23:24 

After a bagillion of "New Games" and visits to Wirt with a level 21 shopper I finally get one of the things I was looking for!
Armor Class sucks but who cares! Resists and life are GOOD!!
Damn are these shopping sprees boring... still looking for a body obsidian mammoth, and for a holy tiger shield too...
Gonna die of old age before I get them.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
 Post subject: Re: SCREENSHOTS!
PostPosted: 26 May 2017, 23:23 

Nice find. Shame the resist is sorta low.

As a side note, have fun getting a Holy/Tiger. It's almost as frustrating as finding a good Godly/Whale greathelmet. lol

Edit

Didn't see that the resist was 38%. Looked like 36% to my tired eyes. Congrats.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2017, 08:43 

I was playing lan with a couple of friends the other day and we came across an area in the catacombs that couldn't be walked into.

We had the sorc teleport in and send us a tp to explore it. This is the first time I have seen something like this happen.

The screenshots show the map of the area.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Attachment:
IMG_1071.jpg
IMG_1071.jpg [ 903.56 KiB | Viewed 1693 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_1070.jpg
IMG_1070.jpg [ 841.76 KiB | Viewed 1693 times ]

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2017, 15:31 

Yes, I've seen this happen. I have a picture of it in this thread.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2017, 18:44 

Cool.

Is it possible for the steps down to appear in one of these areas?

Just wondering as it would make it impossible to continue without teleport or phasing.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2017, 03:02 

I don't remember where the stairs were when it happened to me.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2017, 21:36 

It is known in the cathedral and catacombs that very rarely a wall won't have a door in a similar fashion, and the level will be divided into unlinked parts. It never happened to me in the finished and updated game, but it is quite a common issue with the older generator of the first pre-release demo. That one would sometimes make levels like that in cathedral, catacombs as well as caves. That old level generator works pretty much the same for cathedral IIRC, but catacombs never have these rooms with bookcases or shrines and whatnot, in caves the lower right level wall is just not there, it's like you're looking into a stretch of the cave that just goes on and on into the darkness. The last thing about this old level-gen is that as far as I can tell, hell levels are pretty much the same, except that the texture used is that of the catacombs (they hadn't made one for hell by that point) and level 16 is generated just like any other, so there are stairs down to level 17 which take you to..... Tristram! You enter the town via the starting position like when you first make a new game.
However when I played the alpha 4 project, there was something wrong there in how it handled saving level layout in hell. It always changed for me when I went to town and back. I'd get stuck in walls and stuff, monsters would be in walls... you get the idea. Not very fun, but very dark and creepy indeed, and catacombs textures are probably the most suited for that.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2018, 22:34 

My Arch-Angel's Staff (2-4) of Fireball (80) had run out of charges. Nevertheless, I could still select the spell charges, even though none could be cast.
While selecting a 0 charges staff spell is possible regularly via the trick that allows to select the infamous "(NULL) skill", I have never seen such an option show up in the speedbook or the spellbook.
Upon switching equipment the option disappeared. Not sure if this is a completely random flag failure, or maybe a glitch that can be replicated.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 16:25 

Lookie what we found in our 3-man Ironman game yesterday:

Off of Nightmare Gorash.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22