NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Solo Warrior IronMan
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2017, 06:48 

been playing more IM.

Leo still seems so random whether youre gonna floor him or die after 20 potions. every run is usually level 9 max dex with 30~ AC and a mace. I wonder if you can bow him down if youre really careful and have good aim. I think he would regen too fast. (regen is percentage based off total pool right?)

Had a really good run end in a nova lightning trap chest from almost full health, gotta remember to save all chests for the end of the level from caves on. (Anybody know how much damage total a nova trap can do?) Had an executioners blade run end to a painful maelstrom lvl 12 into a balrog lvl 13. And the civerbs cudgel triple healing staff run ended to a triple witch level and caves 12 witches guarding the entrance that required parking them in a different room but it was like 40 witches and the boss so it took all my pots.

Trying to think of better habits to form, I think 7 or 8 AC small shield is still the best start for dealing with leo. Catas onward always open chests from adjacent tiles, and now I'm saving all chests for the end of the lvl from caves onward. I take a bow when I leave lvls 1 (for butcher), 2 (for leo archer pack), 5 (for spitter boss), 7 (for spitter boss), 9(for spitter boss) and every level after 11. I've been taking tsun's advice of restarting runs if you dont get a healing staff early, but I restart them halfway through lvl 3.

New discoveries:
Book of fire wall doesn't seem worth it. Maybe its good for advocates on level 16 but you would only get a few casts.
scrolls only need 17 mag I think, just carry one.

You can bow down Deathwings, once they take enough arrows let them retreat and keep hitting them as they try to heal. It'll take a while and you need atleast like 8-17 damage or something like that but its better than getting hit for like 40hp.

High damage swords and CTH rings are gg unless you get balrogs.

I think you need High AC and either fire res or -damage from enemies for Balrog-type enemies. Otherwise its kinda run-ending.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2017, 23:11 

I only know about the following nova trap analysis from attika, which unfortunately won't help in solo warrior ironman unless you have telekinesis.

http://thedsfcommunity.yuku.com/topic/2 ... -zonesquot

Look what happened to me today playing ironman. Novatrap brought me down on exactly 1 hp and I was almost full. I wouldn't open chests in caves unless full hp because those nasty traps can easily hit for 100 hp. If you move away from the trap like me in the video you can see that the nova hits me like 2-4 times. Might be best to stand still and only get hit 1-2 times.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ClumsyRoughSharkRitzMitz

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2017, 23:33 

damn!

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2017, 22:49 

An indeed interesting break-down from Attika. Too bad Nova is very weak when you wield it unless you do the trick with scroll spell levels. Only then can you get it to really do the devastating damage it was supposed to (and it was, cause there's slvl in its damage formula).

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2017, 23:35 

I found some use for Nova in Ironman :->

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulBlueDinosaurKappaClaus

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2017, 16:51 

Totally couldn't just stab them :D .

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2017, 23:20 

Shit, I should be using this thread not the town square.

I unfortunately lost power overnight on the triple heal staff run, I had lvl 10 cleared and was waiting at the exit, so I'm going to make a new game, have a char on my laptop join and clear 9 and 10, and see if I can beat this without the block bonus.

The other run i just had going didnt get any heal staff but I kept going because the blackoak shield was awesome. I got maelstroms 12 and balrogs in 13 yet again so that ended pretty quick lol.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 00:50 

Accidentally opened a chest while trying to stick a deathwing in a corner so it would stop dodging my arrows, and yup, you guessed it. I had 95 hp at the time. rip

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 11:05 

I have yet to see someone beating diablo in lock in without ever geting a heal staff. It might be possible theoretically if you get easy melee enemies like knights and snakes on every floor starting with level 10. Practically a early restart just seems to be the better option :-D

And damn, those traps rally seem to be one of the bigest obstacles to a ironman warrior. Makes you want to play rogue :-/

Some more tipps for traps:

Sometimes you find an early constricting ring in ironman. Keep it for traps and equip it for a short time to open traps. You only loose 2-3 hp but with with 75% resists those traps can't kill you.

If you get an early glimmering shrine there is also a good chance to get an "of the thieves" jewelry. Keep it and switch on for traps until you can drop it before going into 16.

I used both methods and it worked like a charm. Unfortunately you won't get those every game ;-(

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 15:10 

My Nightmare Continuation Run ended today on dlevel 11. Too many enemies near the stairs with no set yet :-(

I'm satisfied, as this is the furthest I came in solo so far (previous record was dlvl 8) I would have had serious to hit problems going into nightmare hell,... with no to hit adders. On the other hand, without the "stair ambush" and my 3 heal sticks I could have pushed a lot deeper :-(

I think I will take a break from solo runs for a while because I still have two coop runs going with foxhound, and it's hard to get the motivation to start another run right away after failing one -.-

ProfileTristr.am Profile