NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: The video all talks about...
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 00:21 

Everyone is happy about Dan being gone.. me included. Doesn't mean the technicalities have to be ignored lmao

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 00:59 

If he was kicked out for something he didn't do, I'm not happy about it. If it can be done to one of us, it can be done to any of us.

I forgot to check back here until now to see if anyone answered my question at Town Square, so it's completely scrolled off. Who here thinks he's stupid enough to cheat online when he can just as easily do it offline where he wouldn't get caught? He's pissed off a lot of people over the years. He had to know a few of them were capable of busting him this way.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 09:58 

I mean, he's college educated, so...

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 05:33 

A cheater offline is a cheater online. A cheat is a cheat. On or offline matters not. He pretty much said he cheated in the screen shot Ichabod posted. Heh.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 12:16 

What screenshot? Unfortunately I seem to have missed that.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 23:08 

I haven't heard about this screenshot either.

Diomedes, are you trying to strawman me with that "A cheater offline is a cheater online" business? I never said anything to the contrary.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2016, 02:01 

The screenshot only captures part of the conversation and quotes Dan out of context, I was the one having the convo with him.

Some noteworthy stuff by Althea was posted, but it will just be ignored or faulted (as well as anything I say also) I'm sure...
It's kind of a shame no one besides myself and a few others can spot the vid as being fake, and the details Althea pointed out are exactly the kind of thing that should open some eyes.

I'll probably be attacked for posting this, but I could care less. Either way, I guess I'm content with this reply. I have nothing more to say and I won't sit here trying to convert people's beliefs because that's wrong. Those who know, know, and that's all that matters.

Cheers,
-Dei

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016, 16:21 

It is important to note that Dan's ports were not forwarded around that time the video claims to have taken place. So I ask the question, if this was him, how could this madchat have joined his game?

Now if someone is going to bring up some 'secret technical knowledge' argument about how he didn't join the game via normal means, I would like them to demonstrate this to me personally. I put forth the challenge to attempt to spy on one of my private games (My ports are not forwarded) on bnet.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2016, 23:02 

If that is true then why didn't Dan mention that among his other 50 excuses? I don't see why he would've overlooked such a point. He only insisted that the password wasn't one of those he used for "Red" games. However, one doesn't protect his game with a password if his ports aren't forwarded. If the video was an old mockup from when Dan's ports weren't forwarded, how would the creator have possibly known that in the future Dan would be hosting password-protected "Red" games??

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2016, 03:23 

There's an unreliable trick that allows one to enter a game that has no forwarded ports. If it can be done this way, a good coder might find a better way. Maybe that's why Dan never bothered to make that point.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next