NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The video all talks about...
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 17:00 
Site Admin

Let's discuss here if this video is legit or not etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKq5au5OlYk

FIT made a response video, link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kdkP8xheAs

Please try to stay polite in the discussion and not flame anyone...

EDIT: typo

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
 Post subject: Re: The video all talks about...
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 17:05 
Site Admin

I have to investigate if everything is possible in the first place but when MadChat joins without FiT noticing is the weirdest part for me...

Also IF this is possible, how do we prevent it? Some kind of anti-hack software would be good right now...

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 17:09 

Why would I care about someone watching my game?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 17:53 

Even if there was a program that let you "ghost" someone else's character moving around, the game does not send mouse position information, current mana, or currently selected spell over the network, so that information would be missing.

Funny video, though.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 17:54 

Also its hilarious in Dan's rant how he goes over a million reasons why he wouldn't cheat, without even knowing/addressing any of the technical reasons why the video isn't real.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 18:08 

To join games undetected is actually fairly easy. Such option is part of the common trainers and .dats which were released in the early 2000’s. I can gladly send you a copy of one of these @ Gore.
I remember there was a DiabloGuard or DiabloSaver version which had an integrated anti Ghost protection. Not sure though, if I still got that. Regarding the tech behind this video; as said yesterday games usually only send sync relevant data from client to client. Thus mouse clicks , belt status etc. won’t be communicated. But if you got extended access to person X -for example by spoofing the IP via Battle.net – you can most likely do what’s shown in the video.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 18:45 

"But if you got extended access to person X -for example by spoofing the IP via Battle.net – you can most likely do what’s shown in the video."

Spoofing IP address alone wouldn't give you any more/new information than what the game always sends. I'm not guessing on what information the game sends/doesn't send, I happen to know for sure :D

Until someone on here demonstrates how it was done, it just doesn't seem possible to me (or the modders that i've asked about it).

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 20:31 

It is possible to pick up the games mouse coordinates with software similar to those of which that broodwar uses to create replays ect. Battle.net never was very secure. I've personally taken Dan's internet connection away numerous times for... well. Being Dan. The IP addresses are pretty easy to obtain. We used to use stuff like win nuke back in the 90s, but as internet connections got better we started using scripts to just disconnect you from battle.net or crash... and then using VPS servers to flood the connection.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 23:50 

Whether or not bnet is secure is besides the point... The amount of work it would take to make a hack like that is pretty astronomical and making a fake video of it would take maybe... one afternoon.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2016, 23:51 

Knowing how the game works thus far - not gonna believe it until i see it

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next