NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: FoxHound!
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016, 11:55 

I'm sorry but I can't play on monday. I could make it today (sunday though)

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016, 14:33 

I'm probably not going to be home today until 10-11PM your times. I can play then if you guys are still awake, but if not we'll just have to try another day.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016, 17:44 

I can play this late today. My problem is that I'm desperately needing a reboot to get rid of some zombie processes and clean up the adware. So we better make it for I can't wait with the game much longer. So Plague, you better reinstall Hamachi and all, and remember which character you're supposed to be playing :).

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016, 18:35 

I'll set everything up. Let's aim to fnish this today. Please tell me the channel and pw. Thanks

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2016, 01:52 

Solid win, but 4 jewel drops on 16 and not one of them is even remotely decent. Unbelieveable.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2016, 03:34 

It's actually very believable. 98% of drops in this game are trash, and to expect to find something elite or even decent in an Ironman game, well, good luck with that. The chances are literally almost 0.

Back when I was doing 60+ Laz runs per day, playing anywhere from about 6-12 hrs per day, I was able to find roughly 1 Obs/Drag Zod every couple weeks. And thats with pretty decent luck. This should put it into persepctive for you on how rare high end loot, in particular jewelry, is.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2016, 04:18 

FireIceTalon wrote:
It's actually very believable. 98% of drops in this game are trash, and to expect to find something elite or even decent in an Ironman game, well, good luck with that. The chances are literally almost 0.

Back when I was doing 60+ Laz runs per day, playing anywhere from about 6-12 hrs per day, I was able to find roughly 1 Obs/Drag Zod every couple weeks. And thats with pretty decent luck. This should put it into persepctive for you on how rare high end loot, in particular jewelry, is.

Well we're not expecting anything ridiculous like Zodiacs or even Heavens, but we do expect at least 1 or 2 decent modifiers we can use, like Perfection or Wizardry. What did we get from 16?

Lapis Ring
Serpents Amulet
Ring of Titans
Amulet of Radiance
Garnet Amulet of Harmony (the only semi-decent drop)

Funny thing was we didn't see any jewels throughout 13-15, they were all on 16. We came out with two decent weapons (Knights/Giants Sabre and Platinum/Heavens LWB), but our best jewel is, believe it or not, a Moon Ring +6. That's our only dex-adding jewel. Pretty sad.

Compare it with the very first Ironman game that Plague and I did (which ended up being our triple crown). If I remember correctly, we came out of Normal with the following jewels.

Zodiac Ring +16
Crystal Amulet of the Heavens 46/13
Heavens Amulet +14
Ring of Perfection +21
Ring of Perfection +23
Gold Amulet 30%
Ring of Wizardry +24

And we later found a Jade Ring of the Stars 25/10 in Nightmare. The jewels we had in that run were NUTS. I sort of got snobbish and now I expect similar items from the vast majority of games. Maybe my bar is set too high but I don't think expecting at least one Perfection jewel is unreasonable.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2016, 14:17 

LOL, amulet of radiance came way back from catacombs.
Plague, give us dat screen! ^^

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2016, 15:41 

Was that the Cats amulet? Hah, thought that one was the Serpents.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016, 18:17 

Can't find any decent jewels? Damn I am so surprised! Keepo
Reminder that https://www.twitch.tv/babanimx/v/38589325

Grats on the win guys :D

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next