NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Portforwarding Guide
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2015, 07:41 

Great guide! I just want to add something, i have RADIO internet connection and tried, believe tried ALL guides on the internet to port forward PORTS 6112 to 6119 TCP and UDP in my wireless router and in the antenna on top of my house (who receives the internet signal) I consider myself an advanced user, i know how the internet works, NAT, firewall, and have opened every single port in both and still get the error trying to connect the battle.net, could not create or join ANY game, do you wanna know how i solved? After 1 day battling against the system i started to think my ports were blocked IN THE INTERNET PROVIDER, BUT just when i was about to sleep angry i tried ONE MORE STEP, started Diablo as an Administrator, BANG, was able to create, join, tried this before messing with router/internet configuration

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2015, 10:15 

HellStalker wrote:
Great guide! I just want to add something, i have RADIO internet connection and tried, believe tried ALL guides on the internet to port forward PORTS 6112 to 6119 TCP and UDP in my wireless router and in the antenna on top of my house (who receives the internet signal) I consider myself an advanced user, i know how the internet works, NAT, firewall, and have opened every single port in both and still get the error trying to connect the battle.net, could not create or join ANY game, do you wanna know how i solved? After 1 day battling against the system i started to think my ports were blocked IN THE INTERNET PROVIDER, BUT just when i was about to sleep angry i tried ONE MORE STEP, started Diablo as an Administrator, BANG, was able to create, join, tried this before messing with router/internet configuration

Hello and thank you for apreciating my piece of writting there. This thing about the "start as admin" is actually a knew thing. Couldnt imagine. So thank you for pointing that out. Even though, becouse of some plugins we use, mainly "Torch" stash (kinda like PlugY for d2 since i've learned you come to us from d2, btw Welcome!), allmost all of us starts d1 as admin.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 20:04 

I use cable connection, there's no way I solve the problem?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 13:19 

i guess port forwarding wont work if my ISP has me behind a private ip :(

it used to have public ip, but now when i check whatismyip, the ip is different from the WAN Gateway IP i see on my Router page.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 15:18 

The default gateway and whats listed on the modem isn't always your true IP. Ports are opened for a local address only. On a Comcast Wireless Gateway for instance your local address would be 10.0.0.X. Where X is the local assigned number that is the only one you need to concern yourself with when opening the ports. If anyone needs some assistance or further guidance please message me and I would be happy to help. If you're unable to reach me here please message me on Skype as it is always on @Sizzles69

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2016, 14:31 

Thanks for the refresher lvl1, came back to play some Diablo and couldn't access bnet on my new setup (6112 UDP error). Completely neglected to forward the requisite ports on my router in addition to my firewall.

Had me up and running in a flash :)

ProfileTristr.am Profile