NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Solo Warrior IronMan
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2017, 17:55 

Thanks for the responses! I'm fine versus Leoric...just wondered about the butcher. I always use the stair trap technique versus him. I guess I'll just keep doing it because, as mentioned, trapping him behind grates is pretty much the same thing.

However, in non-solo IM, I can see why the stair trap technique is not necessary.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2017, 13:26 

My favorite way for the Butcher is to open his door, cast Firewall, and close his door.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017, 05:49 

Victory #3!!!

This run had the strangest RNG I've ever seen. I found about 5 Rings of Vim in a row, 3 rings of the wolf, amulet of vim, 3 +magic rings, str ring, the only 5 other things I ID'd was a garnet scimitar, dex ring, gold ring(of vim of course), fire res armor, and a holy defender. I think there's posts in the screenshot thread of people finding the same item 3 times in a row but this was absolutely ridiculous.

Regardless I had pretty lucky spawns except for counselors level 13, and cabalists in 15. I still believe cabalists are run ending, but I lucked out with a blood fountain room. Found a Dragon's Breach shield but chose the holy defender over it for the -2 dfe.

Had the closest diablo fight in the world, my stream is so laggy though I'm probably gonna upload bits to youtube if im not lazy. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161792105

Also made sure to do my nightmare shop run immediately after in the same stream. In theory someone could keep reloading the shops (I doubt anyone would do that but it'd be really gay).

After buying a cheap 1000 gold helm to see a new item, I was greeted by a Mithril Sword of Speed!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161793391

Didn't start nightmare yet but with only 27 dex and a super sword, I'm curious how this will turn out. Skeleton King is gonna rape me.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 09:11 

It really depends, especially if you're strong and accurate enough to stun. With low block the technique of backing up just as they start swinging really pays off in deeper levels. Provided you are not swarmed, of course.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 05:17 

I did get (I think the first?) solo lockin double crown!! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/165266057 I'll probably write down observations but I'm still going through Hell at the moment.

After clearing lvls 5 and 6 I left the game on overnight, didn't have time for 7 and 8. However a storm knocked my house's power out (this happened on that triple healing staff run too WTF). I'd clear 5 and 6 with my laptop character if my laptop's charger wasn't fried. Hopefully when the new charger arrives thats the problem and not my laptops motherboard or something. If that doesn't work I'll have to figure something out because I want this to be 100% legit with evidence and everything. If possible I want to record and stream my char and the other char creating the game and clearing 5 and 6 too. Level 6 was fully cleared 100% though luckily and I have the entire run recorded. Only reasons i want to be a nazi about evidence is the nature of this site how people argue about legitimacy constantly as well as I'll probably never get this far again as long as i live haha.

Also how this is possible is that faster attack sword and enough chance to hit to stunlock every swing. If you had something else like a ton of Dex or AC (>170 maybe) or a falcon's talon or just lucky spawns, nightmare win seems totally possible, but the faster/fastest attack is HUGE. Babanim/potato was totally right on that one.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 05:19 

Also I can't play on Battle.net with the directdraw patch i think ;_; otherwise it'd be easy to get a friend to make a game and clear those levels

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 15:35 

You can get a friend to clear that stuff via IPX emulation. Very impressed with your nightmare solo victory. Good luck for the further levels!

ProfileTristr.am Profile