NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New D2 Clan (West)
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 17:44 

Hi guys. It is me Tali :-) Hope I haven't sunken entirely into oblivion. Haven't been around here for quite a while.

Well. I've received an email from Deiphago or was it perhaps an automatically generated one. Anyway. I was asked therein if I'd like to participate in the new D2 ladder.

I wanted to find a team for playing after the reset anyway. However there are several issues:

As you might know I am from Europe, strictly speaking from Germany. DD was referring to people from US.West to participate because of concerns about eventual lag ocurrences. Firstly have I neither really tried playing on US.West nor will it be easy to manage appointments due to the different timezones. (9 hours difference to US.West for me..)
The lag issues could be tested by doing a quick test game. When it comes to the different time zones the question is to what time you guys (according to your time zones) usually play?!? Then I can calculate if this may suit in my schedule.

Furthermore I don't have teamspeak to be honest^^ That may be a no go for you, or how is that?

As for the other rules, I go 100% compliant with them :-)

It shall be noted that I do wish to play the new ladder. However I don't wish to bring any negative disturbance into the team. So what do you guys think? Tell me about your opinions.

Btw... Do you imagine playing a pvm team in hardcore ladder? And after beating baal you want to pvp yourselves or how is that?

Blessings by Tali :-)

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 23:43 

Great to see you again Tali! We will make Tunnelbear work for you so you can get good lag on west to play with us

https://www.tunnelbear.com/b/tunnelbear ... gL0-_D_BwE

and get on discord so we can talk to you. (see link in other thread)

Hopefully we can talk in discord! :D

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 00:43 

Invite to Diablo LE:

https://discord.gg/7hkqAJ

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 02:19 

Thanks FIT.

After doing some tests on Bnet, we really need 7 players on at the same time for this to work. Therefore, I think we should try to get 12 players for this group... if not it might be best to disband on the 11th if we don't to not waste everyones time. ENDGAME PVP OR BUST!!!

so far

Myself
Dei
Riggs
Riggs friend (maybe?)
FIT (maybe?)
Tali (maybe)

We are possibly halfway to the right # of teammates, with 12 days to go.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 16:06 

I'm pretty outdated in some respects. What do I need for Discord teamspeak to function properly? A webcam needed? A webcam I got at least.

Tunnelbear is also unknown to me. I simply have to follow the instructions given at the link?
Ok guys before I check both links I want to ask you another thing... I'll check the links later.
To what times do you mostly play, roughly spoken? In the mornings, at noon, in the evening or at late night? What are your tendencies? I just ask because I need to match this within my timezone.

Taken for granted I will participate then I'd like to start a barbarian, a frenzy one, if that's okay for you?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 20:38 

Yes a Barb would be good for the team as we need battle orders from someone.

I would be (usually) online 8:30-midnight German time. Our group would have people online at different times so I hope there would always be someone to play with. If you have any good legit friends please invite them.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2017, 21:23 

I'm tired reading through the general terms and conditions...

Is the usage of tunnelbear and Discord teamspeak free? Or is it cost bound or depending on subscription?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2017, 22:03 

Taliesin wrote:
I'm tired reading through the general terms and conditions...

Is the usage of tunnelbear and Discord teamspeak free? Or is it cost bound or depending on subscription?

Hey Tali! long time no see man ^^

Thanks for joining up , it's great to have you on board \m/

Tunnelbear is absolutely free but keep in mind it might not be necessary. It's just something we need to test to see if it helps with lag, because what it does is tunnels your connection to another connection of your choice. e.g.: you are from Germany wanting to connect with a U.S. ping, you hit 'United States' from the drop down list in-the-program.

All it does is emulate a custom connection and theoretically (should) give you a more tailored ping to the chosen tunnel. I haven't tested it extensively yet, but, I think it works.

As for Discord, that one is also completely free.

It'd be nice if you had a mic, no webcam is required. So if you just have a external mic or internal one on a laptop or whatever, that should be sufficient. It's a lot of fun.

Also, sidenote; Discord doesn't really seem to affect lag or anything so, it's probably the best choice for communicating.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2017, 10:13 

Good to talk to you again Deiphago.

Alright. We should do a D2 test game without tunnelbear on US.West gateway. Let's see how the ping develops. Depending on players ping may vary...

But as far as I remember. I had one time tried to play on US.West gateway without any emulators and stuff and still my connection was fine. But as you say. Let us test it in a game.

The other point with Discord teamspeak. You say that a webcam isn't necessary. That a mic is the best option. I don't have a microphone to be honest. Is it still possible to use my webcam to communicate with you? I haven't used my webcam for a long time. Hope I can get it working. You know when it comes to modern technology I'm sometimes a bit hillbilly :-)

I'm attending a Manowar show today. Their last tour. So maybe we can try a test game tomorrow?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2017, 00:32 

Since starting this Clan we have discovered a full 24/7 duel server in Open Bnet. I was thinking the ladder reset could be casual team play now, and the duels could take place on Evolve with these specialized duelist chars? Similar to what Shade did with the full geared chars on d1.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next