NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: Any suggestions?
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2016, 22:48 

Got to really love the bow amazon in Diablo II. Played her hardcore ladder till got to act 5 nightmare, where she died to a flock of cold bone archers in halls of vaught - didn't get really careless, and wasn't especially careful either. She just turned up dead all of a sudden. Tried to follow the basics as laid out in this guide. Was at ~500 max health (387 approaching the buggers), resistances were 30 fire, ~15 cold, 60 lgt, -20 poison. AC was very very low though (breast plate with 79 and a circlet with <30). Level 64.
Died just like that, no idea how to prevent something like that in future. Aimed to make the Ice runeword bow, cause freezing arrow is gorgeous, used it wielding Wizendraw upped to exceptional version for its -cold res.
Also, I'm contemplating which would be better for me - bnet, or sp. There is latency on bnet and it can lag badly sometimes, and it didn't even lag spike right then, I think. And if you go single player you won't be on the realm, multiplayer will be ever so limited, and you won't legitimately get Anni and the Torch. And then again, buying the game would have been bloody pointless, could've just pirated it to play in sp. Any advice in how not to ever die? Keeping constant vigilance can't really be a fail-safe option for we all get careless sometimes. Now I'm not sure whether I wanna cry or start all over again.

Last edited by Catalyst on 07 Jan 2016, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
 Post subject: Re: Any suggestions?
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2016, 11:09 

500 life is like nothing, cursed monsters can one shot you easily, you want to have like 1k life at least.
Bowazons in general do very poorly when it comes to surviving, since they have no crowd control skills.
One thing you should do is cast decoy in front of you all the time you walk - then if some archer pack will be there they will shoot your decoy and not you. You shouldn't count on making Ice bow, since getting the runes for it may take several years for you.
Lightning and fire resistances are the most important and ideally you want to have it maxed. Cold and poison res can be boosted by thawing and antidote potions (+50 res, +10max res for 30 seconds, their duration stack). Also you should always have at least a row of full rejuvs in your belt and have your finger ready on them.
Personally I prefer single player myself, but I play ladder as well, when its fresh. Watch my stream if you want to learn how to play glass cannon bowazon (kappa).

Also if you play hc you will die. It's part of the game. If play play hc bnet you will die even if you play perfectly.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2016, 21:05 

Agguh wrote:
500 life is like nothing, cursed monsters can one shot you easily, you want to have like 1k life at least.
So I guess I should put way more points into vit than in said guide, even though it claims that 100 is "enough".
Agguh wrote:
Bowazons in general do very poorly when it comes to surviving, since they have no crowd control skills.
Well I was smashing everything like a madwoman with freezing arrow, the only problems arised when facing cold immunes. Freezing all your enemies is all the crowd control I could want really. Smashing them in a couple hits in late nightmare I was.
Agguh wrote:
One thing you should do is cast decoy in front of you all the time you walk - then if some archer pack will be there they will shoot your decoy and not you.
Yea I figured as much yet found myself too lazy to cast it every step :D, but I did cast it when engaging enemies.
Agguh wrote:
You shouldn't count on making Ice bow, since getting the runes for it may take several years for you.

Why?? Do they drop THAT rare? Maybe I could trade other rare runes for those I want?
Agguh wrote:
Lightning and fire resistances are the most important and ideally you want to have it maxed. Cold and poison res can be boosted by thawing and antidote potions (+50 res, +10max res for 30 seconds, their duration stack).
Duration STACKS?! [MIND EQUALS BLOWN] Bloody game!! Always tryng to hide something from you, always trying to fool you with meaningless numbers as well! Oh well. Yea I know lgt and fire are most important (lgt being most dangerous due to higher dispersion) and so they are kept highest. But I obviosly had no damn idea about stacking effects of potions...
Agguh wrote:
Also you should always have at least a row of full rejuvs in your belt and have your finger ready on them.
Had a near full damn belt of them, never needed that much, and was ready to use them at all times, never got greedy with my sweet beautiful purple precious...
Agguh wrote:
Personally I prefer single player myself, but I play ladder as well, when its fresh. Watch my stream if you want to learn how to play glass cannon bowazon (kappa).
Well, I think I know enough about the playstyle, but it might be useful. What does "kappa" mean?
Being made of glass is not 100% the case with her for she has dodging skills that greatly reduce the overall damage taken. However their random nature makes them somewhat unreliable.
Agguh wrote:
Also if you play hc you will die. It's part of the game. If play play hc bnet you will die even if you play perfectly.
Even if you play perfectly? Why? Is it lag or something? Or PKs? There are dudes with lvl 99 HC out there, after all. Playing hardcore adds ever so much tension and excitement to my gaming experience, you know. But am I really doomed to die?

One more thing: should I have had much more AC after all?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2016, 21:26 

In late hell freezing arrow build gets really sad because of all immunes and because it has only 1 damage synergy. I absolutely love FA build in nightmare but in hell its pretty pathetic compared to other characters.
Yes chances to find high runes are super low, you want to be farming lvl85 areas fast, and bowazon is bad for that as well, you could trade for it, but you would get either botted or duped runes...All the 99s on the ladder atm are bots, none legit, and yes you will die because of lag, or disconnects or server crashes eventually, and I don't think that your playstyle is that perfect :P
Armor is the thing you should worry the least about. Normally I don't even care what my armor value is, its not as important as in d1.
Also if you are running your armor is ignored so it's like it is 0.
And if you are running your block chance is only 1/3 what it is while walking.
Standard for HC builds is str and dex enough for gear (or max block) and rest into vita.

ProfileTristr.am Profile