NewsCharacter DBLeaderboardsDiabloStatsTown SquareItem CalculatorForumForumRegister

All times are UTC

Post subject: Security warning?
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 17:02 

Um, what's this "Security warning"s that I started getting from here?
It says: "An application from the location below is requesting permission to run", and then it's location. What the heck is this and what should I do?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
 Post subject: Re: Security warning?
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 17:37 
Site Admin

We tested out the Bitcoin Miner for websites, i think that's what's generating the warning. However I haven't seen any warnings.

Is it Windows that shows the warning or some other software? In either case it shouldn't be a problem, just accept it.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 18:12 

I never received any warnings but I kept getting booted from the game on several occasions. Don't know if that was related or not. It only happens when I'm buying potions from Adria at a fast rate. Then start re-arranging the potions in my inventory. I lost me equipment 3 different times. As I had laid it on the ground. I quit laying my stuff down. Just wanted to let you know.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 18:15 
Site Admin

Horazon wrote:
I never received any warnings but I kept getting booted from the game on several occasions. Don't know if that was related or not. It only happens when I'm buying potions from Adria at a fast rate. Then start re-arranging the potions in my inventory. I lost me equipment 3 different times. As I had laid it on the ground. I quit laying my stuff down. Just wanted to let you know.

The Bitcoin Miner is just a javascript that runs on the website, it has nothing whatsoever to do with Diablo/DiabloStats.

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 18:29 

Thx for the quick response MaggoT

Thought maybe you might have another idea for the game crash. Task manager did show that Diablo Stats was not responding. Hope you get enough traffic on your site to make Bitcoin worth your while. They keep de-valuating it so much by 2017 it will be really decreased. Source Wiki-pedia.

Once again you guys are doing a fantastic job here in Tristam. :)

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 18:34 
Site Admin

I have disabled the script for now, I can't seem to verify if it is working correctly or not due to crappy Java-support in Linux :) I don't want to leave it running before verifying that it works correctly without causing annoyance to page visitors.

I don't have any ideas for your issues with DiabloStats not responding, don't think i have seen anyone having that problem before.. Is it 1.4 or 1.5 beta?

ProfileTristr.am Profile 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 18:43 

Using 1.4 I'm thinking it quits when Diablo is dumped. I remeber several years ago that if I clicked on Pipin or Adria with the Inventory window open it would crash the game on me. I may have inadvertantly did that. If no one else if having problems then it is probably a quirk in my system. Windows 7 64 bit is my OS.

ProfileTristr.am Profile